Who We Are
CoThinkk is dedicated to social change philanthropy by bringing together community leaders who care about the economic and social well-being of communities of color in Asheville and Western North Carolina.
CoThinkk envisions the following long-term impact:
Shifted Regional Landscape:
- Change the economic, health, education, and poverty narrative for communities of color in Asheville and the surrounding region;
- Create a paradigm shift that inspires a new picture of resilience for communities of color in Asheville and Western NC.
Strong Leadership Development/ Generational Impact:
- Build and strengthen a leadership pipeline of African-American and Latinx individuals that are focused on social change for Asheville and Western NC;
- Create and support new leadership opportunities within traditional and nontraditional institutions in Asheville while building new alliances to focus on issues unique to communities of color;
- Build the capacity of leaders of colors to serve in important roles within the region and build an intentional community engagement strategy that is focused on inclusivity, equity, and diversity.
- Build strong collaborations that work across racial and generational lines;
- Cross sector collaboration and shared/aligned agendas;
- Create opportunities for co-learning, volunteering, and using social, political, and economic capital as means to align agendas and activities towards social good.
Systems Level Change:
- Create strategies to help change the patterns of local/regional institutional practices that impede equitable outcomes.
- Shift resources and power dynamics.
- Change the narrative around the lack of leaders of color and change the patterns of local/regional institutional practices that impede equitable outcomes
Language Justice We value creating spaces that are accessible to all. We make sure we all of our meetings and conferences are bi-lingual with simultaneous Spanish interpretation
Tracey Greene-Washington, Founder